Lost desire to do taijiquan

Re: Lost desire to do taijiquan

Postby T » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Dao is a Chinese Broadsword. The fajin form you will likely only find in direct lineage to Tung Ying Chieh
T

Postby saxgentleman67 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 pm

The form is much less important than the internal energy.

Maybe try practicing a new form. Or find a new teacher. If you don't have a regular teacher that may be part of the problem.

Getting motivated to practice is always a problem for me, that is why I attend regular group classes. Something about the group energy.
saxgentleman67

Postby T » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:35 pm

saxgentleman67 wrote:The form is much less important than the internal energy.

Maybe try practicing a new form. Or find a new teacher. If you don't have a regular teacher that may be part of the problem.

Getting motivated to practice is always a problem for me, that is why I attend regular group classes. Something about the group energy.

Thanks you, but please read all posts first.

I have a regular teacher and have had one for 20 years, Tung Ying Chieh lineage. Group classes was not the issue, do not know what the issue was, but it is over, now and I am back at it.
T

Postby Jaxi » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:55 pm

To me, the form is like learning how to play an extremely complicated classical music piece, and once you've learned it, you could keep tweaking it and practicing it until it becomes ridiculously second nature. This is when boredom is exhibited the most perhaps. Two things: do it for health upkeep and heighten the energy control. Last: do something different. Learn a new song and master it. If you've been doing the form that long, surely you can feel chi clearly like most without years experience can't as well, but the greatest matters emphasis is on heightened energy use. Make focus on that a priority. Good luck.
Jaxi

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous