- Organization Chart
- Ranking System
- Teacher Academy
- Instructor Registry
- Judges Registry
East Brunswick Center
Center Director, Academy Instructor
With over forty years of experience in fitness and the performing arts, Andy Lee specializes in precision training. Andy Lee’s Tai Chi Chuan Center of New Jersey was created in 1992 as a place for the sharing and study of Asian internal arts. She is a founder of TAICHIUSA and since 1996 has been Director of the New Jersey Yang Chengfu Center, the fourth YCF center established. Located in East Brunswick, New Jersey, the school provides instruction in Traditional Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan Empty Hand and Weapon Forms, Xingyiquan, Baguà Zhang, Mulan Fan, Shaolin Kung Fu, stretching and strength training, Qigong,
and Qi Healing. As a licensed Qigong teacher, Qi Healer and coach, Andy Lee places a strong emphasis on the health benefits of exercise. To further her understanding of the Tai Chi classics, she studied Chinese for seven years at Rutgers University and earned a B.A. in Chinese Studies. Having served as judge in numerous tournaments and rankings, she also actively promotes Tai Chi Chuan and the arts by conducting demonstrations and workshops throughout the world. On a personal note, she celebrates 36 years of marriage and has five magnificent grandchildren.
Awards and Honors:
- Inner Disciple of Yang, Zhen Duo: Ceremonially inducted in Taiyuan, China in July 2005 by Yang, Zhen Duo.
- Rank Level 6: Gold Tiger from the International Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan Association Ranking Committee.
- B.A. in Chinese Studies, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, June 2002.
- Master and Highest Rank Level Black Belt 5th Danawarded the rank and title of Bai Lian Hua (White Lotus Flower) by Pai Ying Lung of Pai Lum Kung Fu.
- Licensed Qi Healer and Teacher awarded in August, 1995 by Dr. T.K. Shih.
- Black Belt 1st Degree awarded in June, 1991 the rank and title from Wu Kung Chinese Martial Arts Association by Hsu Fun Yuen and Andrew Schirmacher.
Yang Style History:
- Yang, Zhen Duo and Yang, Jun: Traditional Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan Empty Hand & Weapons Forms, and Push Hands.
- Eugenia Henn, who was Yang, Zhen Duo’s first western –female student, was Andy Lee’s first Traditional Yang style teacher, and was responsible for introducing Andy Lee to the Yang family.
Others Martial Arts:
- Hsu Fun Yuen and Andrew Schirmacher: Tai Chi Chuan, Xingyiquan, Tam Bi Chuan, Tan Tui, Push Hands, Weapons and Northern Kung Fu. Andrew Schirmacher and Rich Lund are responsible for introducing Andy Lee to Eugenia Henn.
- B. P. Chan: Xingyiquan, Qigong: Tai Chi Ruler & Ball, Push Hands, Staff, Fan & Baguà Zhang.
- Dr. Tzu Kuo Shih: Qigong and Qi Healing.
- Yu, Cheng Hsiang: Tai Chi Chuan, Push Hands, Weapons & Shaolin.
- Zou, Zoulan: 24 & 48 Simplified Tai Chi Chuan form, Mulan Single and Double Fan.
Schedule:See our schedule.
International Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan Association • Copyright © 1999-2015 Yang Family • All rights reserved